Harriet taught at C&C from 1954 to 1969, and had a significant impact on our Jobs Program—a cornerstone of our curriculum. The current XIIs job, assisting with the IVs, came out of Harriet’s many years teaching four-year-olds—and was also the subject of her master’s thesis.
Following C&C, Harriet became a faculty member at Bank Street College of Education in 1969; a Festschrift was recently published as part of Bank Street's Occasional Papers Series, to commemorate her lifelong commitment to the field of education, to teachers, and to children.
When she returned to C&C in the late 90s as an advisor and staff developer, primarily in the Lower School, she shaped, guided, and mentored dozens of C&C teachers and assistants through 2014. Her influence continues to enrich our school through the work of our teachers today.